Holistic Approach to Fertility
Whether you have been trying to conceive naturally or undergoing fertility treatments such as IUI/IVF Holistic Touch is here to support you.
Treatments available are acupuncture and herbal medicine, massage therapy and aromatherapy, and nutritional support. All treatments can be used in conjunction of traditional medical interventions. Although conception may occur using acupuncture and/or massage therapy alone.
How Acupuncture Helps
Researchers from Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York reviewed recent studies and concluded that acupuncture helps to:
- Increase blood flow to the uterus, which improves the chances of an ovum implanting on the uterine wall.
- Reduce anxiety and stress. The hormones that are secreted during stressful situations can significantly decrease fertility.
- Normalize hormone and endocrine systems that regulate ovulation, especially in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Positively affect the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, which plays a key role in fertility.
- Regulate menstrual cycle.
- Acupuncture can be offered as a significant, clinically relevant adjunct to IVF, relaxing the uterus and increasing blood flow for the successful implantation of an embryo within the uterine lining.
A fertility massage has a multi-faceted approach to a very emotional and personal journey. Massage for fertility focuses on the upper half of the body and the feet, incorporating foot Reflexology for the reproductive, digestive and endocrine systems using castor oil mixed with shea butter to promote the release of toxins that can prevent conception, also the use of warm castor oil packs and large intestine massage to move those toxins out of the body.
Massage of the large intestine and reflexology are equally important for the father-to-be.
Then the fertility massage uses Swedish and/or Deep Tissue, The Trager Approach and Acupressure techniques to help the woman relax and release tension in the head, neck, shoulders, back, belly, and pelvis opening her Conception and Governing vessels. Deep pelvic work helps to release congestion (external only).