An ancient medicine that has been practiced for 3,000 years.
Acupuncture subscribes to the ancient view that the basis of good health is the harmon-ious balance of Qi, the vital life force that empowers the body. When the Qi can flow freely, health abounds. If this energy becomes stagnant or blocked, then the effects will result in loss of energy and the deterioration of wellbeing.
As a Licensed Acupuncturist trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine, I look at the whole person. I look at all the symptoms, as well as lifestyle and emotional wellbeing to make a holistic diagnosis that respects all of your mind, body, and spirit. The goal is to release blocked energy by applying sterilized needles to key points on the body to restore balance and improve health.
Listed below are some problems that can be treated by acupuncture. The World Health Organization recognizes acupuncture’s effectiveness for over 40 common disorders, such as:
- Ear, Nose, & Throat Disorders
- Toothaches, earaches, sinusitis
- Respiratory Disorders
- Colds & flus, bronchitis, asthma, allergies
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Food allergies, nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, ulcers
- Circulatory Disorders
- Hypertension, high cholesterol
- Gynecological Disorders
- Menstrual irregularity, endometriosis, PMS, infertility,menopausal syndrome
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, TMJ, sciatica, low back pain, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Psycho Emotional and Neurological Disorders
- Depression, anxiety, insomnia, headache, migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, post-stroke paralysis, dizziness, tinnitus
In addition, acupuncture has been used for centuries throughout Asia to treat hundreds of other
problems. Other modalities of treatment may be included with acupuncture to help restore and
- “Burning herb” is rolled into a stick or placed on the end of needles, then burned as a warming therapy during treatment.
- Glass cups are warmed to create a suction and placed on specific areas of the body, bringing qi and blood to the surface. This helps release tension.
- Acupuncture points are stimulated using a safe, gentle electrical current.
- Qi Gong
- Breathing exercises used to improve health and vitality.
- Auricular Therapy
- Points are selected in the ear that would correspond to specific areas of the body. Along with treating pain, this modality is often used for addiction (i.e. smoking) and weight loss.
Initial Acupuncture Visit$130
Follow-up Acupuncture Visit$80-90
Acupuncture with 25-minute massage$130
Package of 5 follow-up Acupuncture appointments$350
Package of 10 follow-up Acupuncture appointments$650
Cosmetic Acupuncture (10 pack)$1170
Auricular Acupuncture for Weight Loss (min 2 Sessions per week)$35
Acupuncture Tune Up$55